Interested in joining PVRS as an operational member?
PVRS has opportunities for members ages 16+ to contribute in the immediate care and delivery of emergency medical services to the community. As operational members, volunteers work thousands of man-hours and respond to approximately 1,200 calls per year.
In order to become a member, volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and should complete an application for membership. Operational members fall into one of five categories of membership as follows:
- For members ages 16-17.
- Hour requirements handled on a case-by-case basis
- For members ages 18+.
- Twelve hours per week of duty time
- One 12-hour weekend shift every 6 weeks
- For members ages 18+ who are students.
- 120 hours of duty crew per year
- If local, one 12-hour weekend shift every 6 weeks
- Active Support:
- For members 18+ who cannot commit to 12 hours per week.
- A minimum of 18 hours of duty crew per month
- Affiliate member:
- For members of other LCCFRS volunteer companies wishing to run crew shifts at PVRS
There are three different operational roles available at PVRS. These are Emergency Medical Technician, Driver/Operator and Aide. Please follow the links below for more information about each of these:
Once operational members have been voted-in by the PVRS membership, they will receive initial training in CPR and attend Volunteer Orientation, as well as participate in our “Cleared-to-Ride” program. In addition to this training, members are highly encouraged to take part in courses offered through Loudoun County Fire and Rescue in order to become released drivers and EMTs.
If you are interested in joining PVRS as an operational member, please complete a Membership Interest Form and our membership leader will contact you for next steps.